Help for the Forgotten Sherpas of the Middle Hills in Nepal
Members and affiliates of the Geraldine Tramping Club are helping Sherpa villages in Nepal. We have worked in isolated and impoverished villages since 2010. Our mission is to give a future to these people in their homeland by assisting them to improve their health, education, basic living conditions and ensure these improvements are sustainable. The Sherpa people contribute to the work involved and are taking ownership and responsibility for appropriate use and maintenance of the aid provided.
- 20/10/2020 – Check Out our Sherpa Shop in Temuka
- 2019 Our exciting new partnership with the Himalayan Trust Nepal .
- Donations now receive NZ tax credits and how your donations are being used to train local nurses
- 22/11/2018 – Geraldine Arts and Plants Festival Fundraiser
- Your Donations DO make a difference – click Project 2017 to view a short video and there have been more requests for clean burning stoves and chimneys
- The Timaru Courier – Read about Colleen and Margaret’s next trip to Nepal to review the mobile health unit the Trust has established
- Our Official Recognition in Nepal
- Our 2017 Project – Installing Clean Burning Stoves and Chimneys